Speeches and Presentations: Net Neutrality
• United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary, 2014
-Hearing: Why Net Neutrality Matters: Protecting Consumers and Competition
Through Meaningful Open Internet Rules.”
-Chairman: The Honorable Senator, Patrick Leahy (D-Vt)
• Free Press Panel at the Senate Office Building, Washington DC, 2014
-Panel: Innovation, Creativity and the Future of the Internet: Why Real Net Neutrality Matters.
-Opening Remarks: Senator Al Franken (D-MN)
-Moderator: Craig Aaron, President and CEO, Free Press
-Panelist: Barbara van Schewick, Alexis Ohanian, Althea Erickson, and Ruth Livier
• Federal Communications Commission Workshop, Washington DC, 2009
-Panel: Speech, Democratic Engagement and the Open Internet.
-Moderator: Stuart Benjamin, FCC consultant and Associate Dean for research and
co-director of the Center for Innovation Policy at Duke University Law School.
Speeches and Presentations: Writing for the Web
• Digital Hollywood Conference. Marina del Rey, CA., 2012
-Panel: Writing for the Web.
• Hanson Film Institute at the University of Arizona, 2011
-Panel: Inside Track: Web Series-The New Way In?
• Emerson College. Boston, MA, 2010
-Guest speaker (via Skype): Writing for the Web.
-Invited by: Assistant Professor Jim Macak, Visual and Media Arts
• Screen Actors Guild New Media Mini-Summit at Digital Hollywood Conference. Marina Del Rey, CA., 2010
-Panel: The Actor in the New Entertainment Economy-The New Working Partnerships Actor-Writer-Director.
• University of Southern California, 2010
-Guest speaker: Writing for the Web.
-Invited by: Associate Professor with Tenure Oliver Mayer, USC School of Dramatic Arts
• Digital Hollywood Conference. Santa Monica, CA., 2010
-Panel: Going Pro-A Guide to Making Your Web Series with the Guilds.
• Loyola Marymount University. Los Angeles, CA., 2010
-Panel: Steed Symposium: Business of the Business.
• Women in Media Network, Writers Guild of America, West. Los Angeles, CA. 2010
-Guest Speaker: Writing for the Web.
• Screen Actors Guild. Los Angeles, CA., 2009
-Panel: New Media.
Speeches and Presentations: Latinos and Digital Media
• National Hispanic Media Coalition, Media Conference, Universal City, CA., 2015
-Panel: Digital Explosion: How the Internet is Revolutionizing Latino Content Creation.
• National Hispanic Media Coalition, Media Conference. Universal City, CA., 2014
-Panel: Reaching the Emerging Online Audience.
• Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, 2014
-Panel: Just Say Si: The Latino Media Explosion, Opportunities in Any Language.
• Digital Hollywood Content Summit. Marina del Rey, CA., 2013
-Panel: Crossing Language Barriers is Good Comedy Business.
• National Association of Latino Independent Producers. Universal City, CA., 2012
-Panel: How to Produce, Create and Star in Your Own Web Series.
• National Association of Latino Independent Producers. Newport Beach, CA., 2011
-Panel: Mobile Media and Online Series.
Speeches and Presentations: Latina Conferences
• Latina Youth Conference, Santa Monica City College, 2001
-Guest Speaker: Inspiring young Latinas to attend college.
• Hispanic Lifestyle Conference. Ontario, CA., 2001
-Keynote Speaker: Inspiring Latina Youths.
• Dhir, Sheetal. “Diversity in Hollywood.” The Stream, Al Jazeera America. Feb. 2014. Video.
• Shimomura, Sachiko. “The Future of TV and Internet.” NHK, Japan. Feb. 2012. Documentary video.
• Ortega, Jordi. “Internet Libre.” Univision.com. May 2011. Web.
• Rosen, Lisa. “How the Web is Won.” Written By. Oct. 2009. Cover story. Print.
• Lopez, Kristina. "Spanglish Comedy & Mispronunciation in Ylse." Tubefilter. Feb. 2009. Online.
• Laezman, Rick. "Ruth Livier: Behind the Scenes of Resurrection Boulevard." Latino Leaders. October 2001. Print.
• Jackson, Terry. “Staying Alive.” Hispanic. June 2001. Print.
• (Additional upon request)
-LOUD: Community Organization. (Co-founder)
-Inside Out: An after school program for at-risk youth. (Founding Member)
-Imagination workshop: Program for at-risk youth and Women’s Shelters.
-Center for Employment Training (Volunteer)
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
• Tau Sigma, UCLA
• Academic Advancement Program, UCLA
• Writers Guild of America, West
• National Association of Latino Independent Producers
• The Actors’ Equity Association
• Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artist
• Spanish (Native)